WE ARE PROUD TO PARTNER WITH THE OUTDOOR EVOLUTION ON THIS CAMPAIGN TO RAISE AWARENESS WITHIN THE OUTDOOR COMMUNITY TO BETTER PROTECT & GIVE BACK TO OUR PUBLIC LANDS! WE ALL EXPLOIT THESE PUBLIC LANDS EVERY TIME WE STEP FOOT ONTO ONE, POST A PICTURE SHARING THE VIEWS, OR SIMPLY CHECKOUT DURING OUR EVERY DAY PURCHASES… LET’S TAKE A MINUTE TO REFOCUS ON HOW WE CAN DO A BETTER JOB GIVING BACK INSTEAD! LET’S JOIN TOGETHER IN CREATING A NEW CULTURE CENTERED AROUND POSITIVE CHANGE, EMPOWERMENT, & SELF RESPONSIBILITY!
It’s time to step up! We choose to accept the responsibility to change the outdoors current conditions! We’re done waiting on big businesses to put the Earth & all life before their bottom lines! It is time for a new generation of small businesses to #GIVEASHIT & mandate change within both the outdoor adventure market & the community that loves it so much! Now is the time to put in that extra effort to research companies that you’re giving your money to. Take a few minutes to search out their mission statements & follow their money trail & ask yourself these simple questions…
- Is your hard earned money ultimately flowing into the hands of those tasked to protect our Public Lands?
- Does your choice as a consumer help better the outdoors for future adventurers?
- Is the product you’re looking to purchase manufactured sustainably from start to finish? Or could it be better for the individual & the planet?
- Is the company giving back to help protect Public Lands?
- Does it seem that this company is more concerned about making money rather than recycling the money back into the outdoor community to aid in conservation & prevent further destruction of our wild places?
Here at Ever Green Adventure Foods, we choose to focus daily on using our business to better the world around us, instead of simply our own pockets. Each meal you purchase from us will always have a portion of those profits donated directly back to various associations, conservations, & other public land protectors!!! We aim to give back 20% of our adventure meals profits so we can officially put our money where our mouth is!
Here are a few other ways we choose to #GIVEASHIT as a small business…
(We hope this list can encourage other companies & consumers to pay attention to the small details! Remember, we are all growing & learning together, so let’s be kind, compassionate, & hold each other accountable!)
- 100% Certified Home Compostable Meal Pouches
- 100% Certified Home Compostable Labels w/ Compostable Adhesive
- 100% Plant Based Meals w/ Organic Ingredients
- Zero Oxygen Absorbers
- 100% Home Compostable or Reusable Shipping Boxes
- Shipping tape is made from Recycled Materials, Biodegradable, & 100% Recyclable.
- Corrugated Cardboard Packing Materials are 100% Upcycled from Post-Consumer & Post-Industrial Waste. These can be reused, recycled, & will biodegrade.
- 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Shipping Labels w/ a Zero-Waste Release Liner for ultimate curbside recycling. Chlorine Free!
- Even our Ever Green Adventure Foods stickers are made from 100% Post-Consumer Materials, an adhesive that is curbside recycle approved, & a Zero-Waste Backer Paper which can be curbside recycled as well! (Silicon Free Baby!!! Why? Learn More)
- We opt for Inks that are free of all Heavy Metals, Phthalates, Bisphenols, Hazardous Air Pollutants, & Toxic Air Contaminants.
- Ever Green Adventure Foods orders are delivered for shipping by means of Bicycling or Electric Golf Cart!
- Gift Cards are sold electronically to reduce the need for physical materials & resources.
- Meal Ingredients are sourced locally whenever possible & collected without the use of single-use plastics.
- Food scraps are used for stock & compost at home.
- Anything needing to be recycled or reused is taken home & processed on our own time.
- Every time you purchase a meal, we give back a chunk of our profits directly to the association listed on that package! No red tape, just an honest donation of funds.
The burning of plastics releases toxic gases like dioxins, furans, mercury and polychlorinated biphenyls (better known as BCPs) into the atmosphere, and poses a threat to vegetation, and human and animal health.
Dioxins settle on crops and in our waterways where they eventually enter our food and hence our bodies. These dioxins are potentially lethal persistent organic pollutants that can cause cancer and disrupt thyroid and respiratory systems.
Phthalates, the very chemicals that give plastic their desirable qualities—flexibility and softness—are endocrine disruptors, associated with a plethora of health problems, from fertility issues and neonatal impacts on babies to allergies and asthma.
We are seeing a big increase in the thaw of permafrost”, confirms Emily Osborne, program manager for the Arctic Research Program, NOAA, and editor of the Arctic Report Card, an annual peer-reviewed environmental study of the Arctic. As a direct result of rising air temperatures, she says, the permafrost is thawing and “the landscape is physically crumbling as a result… things are changing so fast, and in ways that researchers hadn’t even anticipated.”
When ice melts, it can release even more methane into the atmosphere which will only aid in our current global warming crisis.
-Read the full article on bbc.com
8 Million metric tons of plastics end up in our oceans every year. This equates to 5 grocery bags filled with plastics for every foot of coastline in the entire world.
-Info & picture from plasticpollution.org
Timber companies harvest 500,000 acres per year in our National Forests alone.
Through the Purchaser Road Credit Program, logging companies are able to legally harvest Forest Service timber at no cost, in exchange for constructing the logging roads themselves. At present, there are over 440,000 miles of roads in our National Forests… enough to circle the globe 17 times.
-Read the full report at environmentnow.org
Oil & gas exploration contributes to the following:
- Air pollution
- Displacement of Wildlife
- Countless leaks & spills
- Hundreds of miles of roads & pipelines
- Construction of massive pumping facilities
- Damaged rivers & lakes
Virtually all Western Public Lands are grazed by domestic livestock. Grazing has been called “the single most pervasive & damaging activity on Western Public Lands”. Negative effects are soil erosion, nutrient loss, threatened or endangered species, polluted water, fences, exotic weeds & invasive grasses, & the death of other species of animals to include prairie dogs, coyotes, wolves, mountain lions, bear, & bison.
We can’t wait to see who else joins us in this incredible campaign to be transparent & ultimately…